11 August 2008

Reading again...









Remember this when I said I read…a lot? Well, I was in a non-reading phase for a while…couldn’t find anything I wanted to read. However week before last, I heard about a series of books that really caught my attention…oddly enough, it was the hub-bub of the last book coming out that made me want to read them. For some reason, I tend to jump on the bandwagon of these things right at the end…guess it’s the oblivious blond part of my nature…hehehe! I did the same thing with Harry Potter – started reading them two days before the final book came out & then ended up reading all 7 books in 10 days. Anyway, the series is the “Twilight” series written by Stephanie Meyer and yes, I am aware that these books were written for teenagers…don’t care. A good book is a good book is a good book. And I have to say; this series is absolutely one of the best sets of books I have ever read. Period. Hands down. Teeny-bopper series or not – simply awesome. The writing style is fabulous – the author has a great voice and the story…well, let’s just say I am a sucker for a good vampire/human love story (i.e. my Buffy/Angel obsession). But this story is incredible, really. I started the four-book series on Thursday evening and finished it early Monday morning – yep, 2560 pages in about 4 days. Yikes! Does that mean I need to get a life in a serious way? Ack…sidetracked again…I highly recommend this book series to anyone who loves a good romance – don’t let the teen thing or the vampire thing put you off; this is seriously a great read. I was sad to finish it…

In other news…school starts next week. Yesssss! That means I am done paying for daycare for another summer! This is a very good thing! Chris won’t admit to being ready to go back, but I really think he is. I know Nick is…he talks about it a lot. He really likes school.

Oh yeah, and I watched my youngest nephew Friday night and Saturday day…whew! I had totally forgotten how much work little babies are! He is not quite three months old yet, and man! That kid can cry and eat! Wow! It’s been 7 ½ years since I’ve had to do the baby-thing on a daily basis and I can honestly say, I’ll not be having any more kids. God may have other plans in mind for me and if he does, that’s fine. But as far as I’m concerned, I won’t be starting over now. I really like the fact that mine are old enough to not require 24/7 attention and that they can fix a sandwich for themselves if they are hungry…and that they don’t need my involvement to go to the bathroom. Now don’t get me wrong…I absolutely adore my nephew (well, all three of them actually as well as my niece), but I love being the “Aunt” and being able to kiss him goodbye and send him home with his mommy and daddy.

Ok, enough for now…More later.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Hey Nikki, I been reading on blogs about the big hoop-de-doo on these books. I read every night, so I guess I need to read these. Did you get the whole series at B&N or where? Let me know.
Debbi