17 August 2008

Home again, home again...

Well, Chris got to come home yesterday. The doctor's assistant came in around 8:30am and talk to Chris about what he could and could not do and all that fun stuff. I wasn't even there yet - I had to drop nick off with his dad's "friend" (don't ask!) and no way did I think that they would be ready to release him so early on a Saturday...anyway...he called me and asked when I was coming to get him because he was ready to go. I told him I was on my way, and drove just a little faster :-)
Got to the hospital and he was sitting in bed playing XBox360 (yes, they will bring them to the room for the kids, plus movies and stuff!), dressed and ready to go. He told me that we had to go get his script filled for pain meds and then he said I had to take him to Grandma's for some "real food" (that's my Grandma, his great-grandma) and apparently, I am no longer qualified to cook "real food." I warned him about riding in the car so long and being up and about all day, but he was insistent, and had already called her and asked her to make stew!
Well after, a total of two hours in the car, 30 minutes at WalMart, a huge lunch at Grandma's; the boy was whipped! We came home and he spent the rest of the afternoon and evening on the couch or on his bed - he was done!
Meanwhile, I got to mow the flippin' yard and do laundry and bring him stuff, so I was beat by 9pm and crashed as well. Hopefully, he will rest today and not try to do much. He doesn't want to miss much school - he is hoping to only miss Monday - but that will depend on how he does today and tomorrow - we'll see.

Meanwhile, back on the scrapping ranch, I know a lot (ok, 2) of you check this blog out for scrapping stuff, so I have to come clean - I haven't scrapped anything in weeks; weeks I tell ya! I have been busy reading giant vampire romance novels, taking pictures of adorable little girls, babysitting for my new nephew, taking kids to the ER, talking with my friend who has a huge family crisis going on right now, being obsessed with Photoshop and Flickr; trying to keep Nick in daycare until school starts, doing mountains of filthy laundry from a son who has been working on a small farm most of the summer, watching a totally boring season of Big Brother, making a lame-ass attempt to keep my house clean and just generally not really being in the mood to scrap. But I feel that changing; the last few days I have been wandering in and out of my scrap room, looking at stuff and touching paper, and wanting to want to scrap - so hopefully soon I will have paper and glue flying and paint and ink under my nails again. Of course, I will have to spend most of an entire day cleaning said room before I can actually do anything...how can it be a mess if I haven't been scrapping, you ask? Well, see it's like this, I'm a piler and when I pick up something that doesn't have an actual home, I pile it somewhere...and lately that somewhere has been my scrap room since it hasn't been getting used for anything else. So I will have to discard or move the random piles of crap before I can actually scrap anything...anyone want to help? No...I don't blame you...it's pretty scary right now!

Well, Chris will be up soon and will be hungry I'm sure...so I better go see what I can find for breakfast...
more later...

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Wow Nikki----just now read about Chris. Glad to hear he's doing fine....but on your day off...Crap. What we do for our kids.
Debbi

Unknown said...

hi! i stumbled on your site from PW :) i love your blog! so glad to hear your son is doing ok. sorry you had to spend your day off in the er :( but to cheer you up, you should swing by The Pink Potpourri and check out our swap we're hosting!

Homekeeping Heart said...

Clicked the link to your page from Pioneer Woman.

I'm glad your boy is feeling better!