02 September 2007

Just because I can...



I have been wanting to create an art journal for a while now...I like the idea of having somewhere to just play. No rules, no time limits, just playing because I can. Ali Edwards had a link on her blog yesterday to a journal created by one of the 2Peas garden girls - Emily Falconbridge. Here's a link to it: http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/cg_main.asp?cmd=display&seed_id=24905&f=n This is one of the coolest ideas I have seen in quite some time - so of course I had to try it! I worked on this all afternoon today. I took an old hardback book apart to make the cover, and then just started grabbing stuff to make the inside pages... scrap paper, cards, transparencies, journaling cards, paper bags, even an old phone bill :-) I sewed the pages together in sections, and then hand-sewed them onto the book cover. I had a blast making this! It was so much fun to just play - creating something just to be creating it. I plan on playing in this little book whenever I feel like it - trying new things or just slapping crap on a page - whatever trips my trigger at the moment! If you want more info on making a book like this, check out Emily's instructions (the link above) or email me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cynde said...

Very Cool!!! totally you!
Cynde

Penne said...

Love it! *don't forget the gas bill* :)