16 March 2008

Hello, My scrappy friends!

Check it out! An update! Wow! Just wanted to say hello to all and let everyone know I'm still around :-)
Been super busy here lately...work, kids, new member class at Church, and of course some scrapping thrown in for good measure! Feels weird to not be constantly thinking about classes and retreats...taking some time for that to sink in. Still catch myself saying, "Self, lets stop by the store today." Ack! And then I found out Friday that the store in Perryville is closing as well - not that I ever go there much, but still... Ste. Gen is the only one left! Waaaaa! I am just grateful for the years we had our fabulous store and am looking forward to the chapter in our scrappy lives :-)

On a more serious note, I am looking for some volunteers....some great friends of mine have a little girl, Hanna, who has Cystic Fibrosis. The Great Strides walk for CF is being held in Cape on April 19th at the Cape County Park. I would like to get a team together to help raise money and walk for this. This is the second year my friends have hosted this walk and they are hoping for an even bigger turn-out this year. there will be food, prizes and entertainment, along with the walk. All of the money raised goes to the CF Foundation to help fund research for a cure. If you would like to walk please email me at: scraphappy33@gmail.com and I will get our team registered. Please let me know by April 5th.
If you can't walk but would like to donate, email me at the same address and I will send you the info. I think it would be great fun for a whole bunch of us rabid scrappers to walk and support this cause - we can show them the power of women who run...err...walk with scissors! Thanks for your help and as always...
Happy Scrapping!

No comments: