23 July 2007

What a trip!


Shy-Town, The Windy City, Chicago - whatever you call it...Wow! What a trip!
We started our trip with a stop at the Navy Pier on Lake Michigan. Such a cool place!


We ate lunch at Bubba Gumps - totally cool place to eat. Everything is from the movie, Forrest Gump. The signs on the table are what you use to signal your server & as we found out when we were taking this picture, they come flying when they see that red sign...hehehe!


Then we took a walk on the pier, checked out the shops, watched the boats and the birds.


Yep! That's what it looks like! One of those blasted birds got me! Yuck! Oh well, it was still great fun and we totally enjoyed the pier. Our hotel was a whole different story, but it worked out ok in the end.

Friday morning brought the opening of the show and let me tell you, it was awesome! There was so many great things to see, to do, and of course, to buy! We have got tons (and I think that may be literal tons!) of fabulous new stuff heading our way in the coming weeks! I couldn't even begin to name everything we ordered, but here's a few of my favorites:


This has been a favorite company of mine for some time & now it's coming to Stamps & Scrapbooks! Great stamps and some cool paper, too!

http://www.fancypantsdesigns.com/

Fancy Pants! WOW! I was so excited about this stuff, I can't even tell you! Cynde practically drug us to the booth as soon as the doors opened and I am sooo glad she did! Incredible stuff coming! I didn't even take a picture at the booth, I was so amazed!





DREAM STREET PAPER!
http://dreamstreetpapers.blogspot.com/

Nine new lines (7 of which are coming to the store), some fun new chipboard frames & cool stickers - all of which is simple Yummy!

Boat-loads of fun stuff from Maya Road, 7 Gypsies, Heidi Swapp, Sonbourne, Daisy Bucket, Hampton Arts, Bo Bunny, Sweetwater, Basic Grey, October Afternoon, Rusty Pickle and much, much more! I will post more pics later!

We have a retreat coming up Aug. 25th (sign-ups will be Aug 11th) - great classes at a great price! Cynde & I will be doing a full day of classes on Sept. 8th along with an incredibly talented new teacher, Angela. Wait till you see her sewing! So be on the look-out for more details!


No comments: